Tuesday 9 February 2010

Every Day in Every Way..........

..........I am getting better - at spinning! I seem to be getting a real consistancy now which I am really pleased about. I have spinning the Fee's Thank You roving that didn't come out as good as the other which I gave to Fee as a thank for the lovely bag she made me for my Joy.

This time I am trying proper Fractal Spinning and you can see the difference on the bobbins
This was spun from the roving keeping the colour as dyed

For this I split the roving into four and then split again.









Over the weekend I put my new found expertise in felting to the test. Using some Corriedale in navy and turquoise with a splash of lime, pink and white for contrast and here is the result:



It is absolutely perfect for keeping the current sock project in one place, something I am not that good at generally.

Also I am carding some Plum Merino and Black Alpaca with silk - when Mr S saw it he said it looked like Witch's Hair so thats what I shall call it. I had previously tried carding the Black Alpaca with Cupcake in Corriedale, but I found it very hard to blend, perhaps the corriedale is too coarse!



I have just over 250 grams of this and as I won the Plum in a raffle I am not sure whether I shall be able to match the colour - will have scour the 'net' for Plum Merino when I have the time......

2 comments:

  1. great spinning love the colours and that little felt bag
    gorgeous
    you have inspired me!!
    must try felting...

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful, must try to create something as pretty as that.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails