Thursday 25 March 2010

Tyntesfield



This NT property had been on our list of must visit properties and yesterday we finally got there. Probably not the best day to choose, very overcast and it drizzled most of the time - but for the most part we were indoors. I was particularly keen to photograph some of the textiles as I had heard that there were some very individual patterns - designed for the Gibbs family. Unfortunately flash wasn't allowed and the carpet that I was most keen to see was rolled up and there was only a photo on display

I was fascinated by the way one fabric had faded over time,orginally blue after the sun had done its work one part, (and it was the same on all the chairs I looked at)was green


The downside was that all the rooms were dim and the shutters were for the most part closed - it wasn't just me either that voiced these thoughts - but I did come away inspired by some of the colours and patterns and am hoping that some will feature in some new rovings.

This camellia definitely will - I think that is Camellia 'Moshe Dayan' but not 100% sure as this one has some subtle pink stripes on sime of the petals.


Thinking of tones of white, soft peach and pink with spring green, but would that be too close to Apple Blossom I wonder?


1 comment:

  1. particularly fond of National Trust Gardens, but find the houses quite depressing - not sure why as I love the tapestries and textiles..

    Love the colours of camellia

    Best wishes
    Shani

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails