Monday 5 July 2010

Wimbledon Shawl and Tour de Fleece

Finished my Wimbledon Shawl on Wednesday evening sat outside our new caravan at Top Lodge just outside Stamford. It was a perfect summer evening the only thing missing was a glass of Pimms, which unfortunately had been left at home.















As I couldn't block while we were away it is currently being blocked and drying in the garden. For blocking I am using a tip from Peahen using playmats. These we had originally purchased for getting me around on gravel (most caravan sites seem to think that all disabled/hard standings need to be gravel for some reason unfathomable to me, for whom pushing through gravel is akin to walking through treacle - try it some time) but they are excellent for blocking shawls as well
















The Tour de France started on Saturday, in Rotterdam, with a prologue time trial and as I hadn't taken my wheel away this time I spun on my oak burr drop spindle for 10 minutes. I know this doesn't sound much, but I was outside and the breeze kept blowing the fibre onto the thread and the winning rider did the course in the same time!



















So yesterday after a very disappointing men's final I started on the Tour de Fleece Challenge in earnest, starting with the orange.

1 comment:

  1. lovely to see your new caravan, and that you are out and about again..
    Spinning is bootiful - love that orange...

    hugs
    Shani

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails