Thursday 5 August 2010

I'm in a Quandary

I have been playing around with a skein of sock yarn that I dyed last week as I am not sure which is the best way to present the skein on my website. To skein or reskein that is the question.

This colourway is Tomfoolery
















It is a superwash Merino Sock Yarn, dyed in three colours, Raspberry, Navy and Orange. But I am not sure whether this really does the yarn justice. So I reskeined the yarn and now it looks like this....
















Really not sure which (or should I use both pics?) is best.......... Mr S likes it as dyed and I am not so sure - reskeined there is some indication of how the colours will knit - so hence the quandary

Comments would be really welcome as obviously it takes time to reskein. I am tempted to try Autumn Crocus - but it's a no going back situation and I only have the one opportunity.


3 comments:

  1. I prefer it unwound...because that is what gives me the thrill in the knitting and I usually keep a small skein so I can see how I started off.

    That said I also like it the other way....

    huggles Shani

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the rewound first skein better, the second one though might be better left as it is, the colours are darker and might get lost if rewound.
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the colours look brighter in the re-skeined version.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails