Sunday 17 July 2011

You're never to old.....

....to learn new skills - as the last week and a bit has shown. Last Sunday I was introduced to the secrets of screen printing by Sarah at the Spinning Weal. She felt that the SpinDyeWeavers could do with a with a new image and suggested that we screen print aprons................. Well having seen her logo I was keen to have a go and what fun we had - first we printed some calico that could be used on bags etc......................




Then on Tuesday we had a group print and produced 12 aprons, how we managed not to get paint everywhere I don't know (Ms S wishes he had recorded the whole event) but he didn't and we didn't and the results are stunning



This will certainly get us noticed when we are out and about spinning - which is exactly what we wanted..............

On the spinning front - it is the Tour de Fleece challenge again (doesn't seem 12 months since the last one) and of course the Tour de France cycle race. I have set myself the challenge of filling one bobbin with polworth from the fleece. The Hansen Mini Spinner Bobbins are huge - they hold around 8ozs (200+grams) so it is a real challenge and I am only just over half way despite spinning for at least two hours every day of the race so far. One of the challenges was to spin with a pet or pets on your lap! I thought that I had no chance of getting Molly to sit on my lap - but how wrong could I be. On the first day I was spinning outside the caravan and I put her on my lap and she stayed there...............................



................well there is a first time for everything!

1 comment:

  1. Gill - these are absolutely fabulous...well done...

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails