Thursday 10 July 2014

Have spinning wheel will travel....


I been more than a little absent from my blog over the last few weeks, but with good reason - I have taken my spinning wheel on holiday.............

To Yorkshire, so that she could watch Le Tour de France, and she and I had a wonderful time

We were fortunate to have booked a pitch at Cragg Vale right on the route for Stage Two

Here is our pitch with bunting - all knitted my yours truly, and yes I know that there isn't a pink jersey in Le Tour, it is my celebration of the Giro where the leader wears a pink jersey!

Mytholmroyd at the foot of the longest continuous climb in the UK attempted and made a new world record for the longest stretch of bunting -  12,115 metres
Some of the Bunting
The Robin Hood Inn at Cragg Vale
Painted Bike
More Yellow bikes
The sign reads 'no cycling!'
Bonjour!
The bunting stretched from the village right up the hill and all along the route there were yellow bikes, and various effigies and on the hill a painted bike that really needed to be seen from above....

Did I really spin? Yes I did and so did a lady cyclist from Somerset who couldn't resist getting a fix!



Two bobbins of singles that were spun on the roadside - SCF Perendale in Cheese Platter


And to finish a perfect Mr S was lucky enough to catch a musette thrown by one of the Garmin riders......


Thank you Yorkshire!


2 comments:

  1. Glad to see you had a great time! I watched it all on the telly. As to the musette........you jammy devils!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We did miss out on all the other goodies!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails