Friday 30 April 2010

What was the week that was..

It has been really busy since the fabulous trip to Wonderwool on Sunday. I have owned up to the spend on Ravelry, did I over spend, well that depends on perspective - me not enough, Mr S - too much! Well we will see how much he spends at the Model Railway Exhibition this afternoon and decide afterwards...
















On the whole this week has been one of mainly highs - Mr S's birthday, the news that a friend got a distinction in her MA, a lovely evening spent with friends and then today we had a 'fight' with the GP's receptionists, well perhaps not exactly a fight, but why oh why do they take it upon themselves to alter Mr S's prescriptions?

Mr S is a coeliac, so he gets a lot of his basic food stuff on prescription, but near;y every time we pick his up there is something missed off. Today is was spaghetti, a simple enough request, but this was the third attempt to get some, and he had particularly asked for it because of the 'tour'. So this morning has been taken up with a trek between GP and Chemist and we still have to go back this afternoon - why does life have to be complicated?

The rest of the week has been taken up with organising the itinery for the 'tour' - this entails a detailed list of sites booked, roads directions and getting together details of all the places we want to visit. Mr S has now got quite a substanital folder and me - well I have now got a tour' stash of epic proportions















Wednesday in a panic - I was sure that I didn't have enough - I spent the morning dyeing up another 400grms of BFL (a Wonderwool perchase) using some Landscape Dyes (another Wonderwool purchase). I have to say that I liked these dyes a lot. They come in 100gram tubs, large enough to get a teaspoon in which I like, and there was no exhaust! All for £7.90, but that equates to £1.97 for 25grams a lot cheaper than the other dyes I have bought, even adding postage! (Wonder if Mr S will agree to a diversion?)

Now all that needs to be done is pack.........

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails