Sunday 11 April 2010

Where have all the daffodils gone?

I can't believe that it is Sunday and another week has flown by, slipped through my fingers and now lost just to memories. I must be getting old, as I don't remember days going by at this rate before, and I definitely remember that time when I was young moved so slowly, especially before a birthday or the school holidays (but then holidays always seem to whizz past don't they?) and of course the sun always shone and snow wasn't wet and cold! But enough of nostalgia (is that how you spell it?) life is for living and should be lived to the full, so what have I achieved?

Over 200 grams of spun yarn, nearly nine inches of extremely complicated double heddle weaving, a pair of socks and cast on another, made some beads for stitch markers (mis-read the instructions and instead of baking the clay at 100c I did it at 250c when it said 250 fahrenheit dumbo!), made bread, did the weekly shop and attended of Local History Forum where I presented my thesis and a display of silk and the processes used in 19th century silk mills (plus the usual every day chores like dusting ugh!).














Also spent some time in the garden seeing what damage the winter had done to some of our more delicate plants. I can't believe that our olive tree didn't make it. (although I am not surprised at some of the losses) the tulip and foxglove trees are starting to produce buds as is the small apple tree - so spring is really here at last - although we only have one poor solitary daffodil and we planted over a 100 when we moved here five and half years ago...........















Spring was reflected in the Fibreholics parcel that arrived Wednesday - all the colours of spring were represented and I am so happy that I gave it another go (I had been disappointed with my first parcel, but S persuaded me to give them a second chance!)














Spring colours seem to be invading my dyeing and spinning and I am particularly happy with 'Any Dream Will Do! as I have managed to keep in the yarn the colours from the roving.











So perhaps the week hasn't really flown by and wasn't wasted (note no day time TV featured) - and all in all a lot has been accomplished. But now I must get down to writing a list for Wonderwool Wales - would hate to forget to buy something I really, really need..........

2 comments:

  1. I really love your "Any dream will do" spun yarn, you have managed to keep the colours very well, it's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. totally concur...would have loved to have attended your presentation, sounds really interesting and informative.

    hugs
    Shani

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails