Monday 24 May 2010

Mad about Madder

After last week's success with logwood chips the madder roots have been a big disappointment. Despite following the instructions to the letter I have not achieved the results I had hoped for - no reds but a rather strange orange and the ubiquitous muddy brown!

Perhaps more importantly I keep finding little patches of dye everywhere which has annoyed Mr S nearly as much as my commandering the garden for dyeing purposes - the poor love was reduced to balancing a coffee cup on a watering can because every other useable space was covered in the accoutrements of dyeing.

Have therefore, for the sake of peace and harmony, decided to stop forthwith and restrict myself to less messy and more predictable forms of dyeing.

4 comments:

  1. Maybe the extract dyes that Pure tinctoria do could be a compromise?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I shall certainly try them - cetainly less messy and time consuming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Then marital harmony and use of garden furniture will be restored.

    ReplyDelete
  4. it was the less messy bit, along with more predictability which appealed to me... I was very impressed. Still have bought myself another jam thermometer in the absence of the other one and shall give it a go...

    hugs
    Shani

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails