Friday 15 January 2010

Finished - First Francis Revisited

Last night while watching the snooker I finally finished my first Francis Revisited. It has taken a lot longer than I had hoped, mainly because I thought I was smaller than I really am, so I had to go back and make the larger size and I made a couple of adjustments to the sleeves which entailed ripping back twice.



This is the very first top-down sweater that I have ever made and I found it really easy and I especially like the fact that you can try it on (make sure that you have a large circular cable) as you go. So why, oh why don't British designer use this method? Interestingly in this months letters in The Knitter someone ask the same question. The Knitter replied thus 'Our garments have largely been made this way because the majority of our designers have trained design backgrounds from UK fashion colleges, who traditionally favour more classical garment construction methods'. How shortsighted is that? Also if they are good designers then they should be able to design both ways. I certainly shall be using this technique again and have already purchased on Ravelry a simple top down cardigan from SweaterBabe

That's enough moaning - the snow is melting and tomorrow I am going to the Spinning Weal for a felting workshop. This is something that I have been wanting to try for ages so hopefully I will produce something worthwhile so that I can post some pics.....

Postscript - I was just looking at the pic and the sweater and realised that the frogging is so, so noticable............ Hopefully this will disapear when I block/press don't want to spoil the lovely 'Posh Yarn'...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails